Do you have dreams that have never been realized? Do you feel like it’s too late to act on them? Well….maybe it’s not! If you think you’re too old to plan for the future, then read the story of Kentucky Fried Chicken. In his 60’s, Colonel Harland Sanders built KFC from the ground up to become what it is today – a world-famous fast food franchise.
The pursuit of dreams has long been a powerful force in restoring hope in the face of impossible odds. Its power often comes when we consider that impossible odds might sometimes be self-imposed. Such as self-imposed odds make us sigh with dismay – too old or too late. For dreamers and visionaries, however, they will always say, Not so!
Get Started On Your Goals
There are five important, yet simple steps to follow, for seemingly impossible goals to be achieved.
Spend some quiet time and write down exactly what the change or changes will be and why you want them, this is the first crucial step towards achieving goals. At this stage, write only what it is you’d like to achieve and why. The ‘how’s’ and ‘when’s’ can come later.
This step is very important as well, and it has everything to do with you accessing a state of inner peace. Achievement of your goal requires having peace through a quiet mind and inner calmness regardless of the chaos around you and how long this chaos reigns. When you have this peace, you’ll have greater clarity, your creative self will make itself known, you’ll gain foresight into how you will achieve your outcome, and negativity will have minimal impact.
This step is about gifting yourself with a fresh outlook on life. Looking at things in a totally different way and from a new angle will give you a more global perspective revealing greater possibilities and may be achieved by:
- Asking what is important to you. Each time you receive an answer, continue by asking why that answer is important. When you can go no further, ask yourself how you can change this issue. This may sound a bit strange, but it works.
- Transformational Coaching.
- Understanding your motivation or lack of motivation. Once you’ve gained an understanding of you, you’re in a position to be proactive in making the necessary changes towards achieving your goal.
- Reading autobiographies of how successful people did it.
By now, you know exactly what you want. You can step into profound inner peace at will, have picked up great self-help and self-healing tools, eliminated limiting beliefs, and worked out your values. Now, it’s time to finally pinpoint exactly how you’re going to go about achieving your goal.
This last step is the calculation of when your outcome will finally happen. If you’ve followed the previous steps, you’ll be able to determine that moment when you have finally reached the pot at the end of your rainbow. Examples:
- Calculate the time it takes to complete your training courses or higher education.
- Investment portfolio goals as discussed with your investment adviser.
- Discuss with your transformational coach how many sessions and home-play will be required for you to achieve your goal.
- Factor in the time it takes for people to get to know you if you’re selling a product. Speak with a marketing professional or someone in the know first.
- It’s important to be realistic about time frames. Sometimes, our greatest plans will go awry and will take much longer than expected. Sometimes, incidents will happen and be out of control.
It’s never too late. Anyone can achieve goals through inner peace, perseverance, patience, flexibility, and sometimes, through viewing situations from an entirely different angle.